We are looking for an HR Manager who can ensure we are investing in our top resource – our team. We recognize our company would not exist if not for all the Heroes who make our company great. In this role, you’d work closely alongside the founders to evolve and push forward all our People work which includes everything from onboarding to creating processes to establishing team building, all to enhance our Hero culture. Areas of focus include:
|Area of Focus||Output|
|Team management||Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization related to talent and people related programs, including onboarding, employee engagement, employee relations, performance, career development, mobility, etc.|
Partner with hiring managers to manage outreach and candidate experience for all departments. Handle light recruiting tasks and projects
Oversee the onboarding process and proactively identify opportunities to constantly improve and elevate the onboarding experience for new hires.
Manage monthly employee meetings, gathering feedback and communicating themes for action to leadership team
Mentor and coach other members of our People team
|People Strategy||Work collaboratively as a member of the People team and continually innovate by improving HR processes, existing programs, or introducing new initiatives.Bring best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions and people management decision-makingSeek appropriate counsel to develop strategies and action plans to minimize risks as applicable.|
|Culture||Execute against Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging initiatives to build a workforce and culture where representation matters and employees accept and respect each other’s differences |
Build credibility and trust among employees.
Resolve employee concerns with compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through
Monitor the “pulse” of the organization, supporting employees and managers to enact changes to support the company culture.
|Data/Analytics/Admin||Collects, analyzes, and reports on HR-related data back to the business|
Serve as the main point of contact and partner for all HR systems, implementations, contract renewals, system updates and technical issues.
Administers all aspects of leave and workers’ compensation programs.
Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
Maintain appropriate contact with employees on leave and coordinate all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
|Legal||Ensure business processes comply with regulatory and legal requirements to minimize risk. |
Ensure HR policies are documented, updated and applied consistently across the company.
Maintain knowledge of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting HR management.
Who you are
- 6-8 years of Human Resources experience in a HR Business Partner or other HR role
- Experience objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment
- Thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Strong project management, creative problem-solving skills and ability to act independently
- Proven planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience using HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Demonstrated success in building a strong, effective and trusted network.
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients with a high bar for personal integrity
- A highly self-motivated, positive attitude that inspires others to seek higher levels of performance
- Sense of humor
- Prior work experience in a start up environment preferred
- Prefer ADP HRIS experience