Who We Are
SoftBank Group Corp. is a Japanese multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Tokyo. The company owns stakes in Softbank Corp., Alibaba, Yahoo Japan, T-Mobile, Nvidia, and many more companies. It also advises the SoftBank Vision Fund, the world’s largest technology-focused venture capital fund, with over $100 billion in capital, through its subsidiary SB Investment Advisers (UK) Limited.
SoftBank Group International (SBGI) is wholly owned by SoftBank Group and manages global investments for SoftBank Group outside of the SoftBank Vision Fund. SBGI investments include some of the world’s most ground-breaking growth-stage companies across all sectors. SBGI partners with portfolio companies to disrupt businesses, drive growth and create value. SBGI investments include companies like Cybereason, InMobi, Fortress Investment Group, WeWork, SoFi, Lemonade, and others.
SBGI also oversees the SoftBank Latin America Fund, a $5 billion fund dedicated to the Latin American region – SoftBank Latin American Fund has invested to date in more than 20 exciting tech-enabled and fast-growing companies across the region- and the Softbank Opportunity Fund, a new $100 million venture fund for outstanding Black, Latinx, and Native American founders.
This year, we also launched the $100M Miami Initiative, a $100M funding commitment dedicated to supporting and building the community of technology start-ups based in or relocating to The Magic City.
We are centered around our four Ethos: Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Excellence, and Team which we live by through all parts of our business.
Learn more at www.softbank.com
SBGI is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Corporate Paralegal to join the SBGI Legal team, reporting to the Deputy General Counsel as a member of the Corporate Legal Department, based in Miami, FL.
The Corporate Legal Department focuses on commercial contracting, human resources support, corporate governance, and entity management across the entire SBGI ecosystem, with a focus on supporting transactions in Latin America. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and organizing corporate data of all SBGI affiliates and portfolio companies on a global scale and provide additional support to our Corporate Governance team on the daily operational needs of the business, as needed. This is a unique opportunity to join the legal team at an inflection point in the development of the organization and assist in streamlining and designing processes and data output that impact the entire organization.
A Day in the Life
- Assist with drafting corporate governance documents (resolutions, direction letters, certificates etc.) for subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with internal day to day operations and portfolio company investments.
- Support structure projects, including formations, dissolutions and liquidations of entities
- Support and respond to reporting and audit requests as well as KYC requests from portfolio companies (familiarity with the apostille process a plus)
- Manage stock certificates and shareholder registers
- Perform statutory filings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Deals, Business Operations, Tax and other major stakeholders as part of the everyday course of business
- Provide day-to-day support to our legal team as needed.
- Manage virtual data rooms and indices on a variety of projects.
- If successful, you will have the opportunity to grow within the organization and take on greater responsibilities
To be successful in this role:
- You embody our Ethos:
- You act like an owner; you innovate; you are fast-paced and agile.
- You act with integrity and ethics; you take intelligent risks with long term commitment; you believe in learning, listening and being nimble.
- You aim for exceptional outcomes; you drive value in your actions.
- You embrace diversity and you are inclusive and respectful in every interaction; you run on trust and transparency; you foster collaboration across our ecosystem.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (a paralegal certificate, a foreign law degree, or a US L.L.M. is a plus, but not required)
- You have at least 4+ years of previous corporate legal experience
- You have Spanish and Portuguese language skills required
- You have a Notary certification, but not required
- You must be extremely motivated, persistent, resourceful, and eager to learn
- You have strong interpersonal skills with a team-player attitude, highly professional, laser-focused attention to detail and accuracy, excellent analytical skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet short deadlines with minimal supervision.
SBGI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.